The Master of Science in Public Health degree programme at International Health Sciences University is primarily concerned with the promotion of health, prevention of disease and prolonging life as well as managing healthcare interventions and assessment of health care delivery. The postgraduate public health programme is tailored to various public and community health priority areas thus allowing a wider range of choices for students with different backgrounds.
On completion of this postgraduate programme, participants will be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of theory and practice in the core public health disciplines of epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, social and behavioural sciences e.g. Social inequalities in health and service use.
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Inform, educate, and empower communities about health issues and engage critically with current public health issues and debates.
- Think in a critical, reflective way and to take effective action in addressing priority public health problems.
- Design, develop and implement community empowerment projects with specific leadership capacity to mobilize community participation with regard to health problems.
- Evaluate health services and programmes, and institute changes required to improve their functioning.
- Conceptualise, plan and conduct advanced research in Public health.
- Critically evaluate published studies on public health problems.
- Collaborate with other health professionals on public health issues providing consultancy services where appropriate.
|Semester One||Semester Two|
|Foundation of Public Health||Environmnetal and Occupation Health|
|Primary Health Care||Health Sciences Research|
|Epidemiology||Population and Reproductive Health|
|Biostatistics||Ethics and Integrity for Health|
|Semeter One||Semester Two|
|Health Economics||Leadership and Change in Public Health|
|Health Policy and Planning||Health in Conflict and Comple Emergencies|
|Quality and Safety in Health Care||Health Promotion|
|Financial and Material Resource Management|
|Final Year Research|