IOSH Managing Safely is a basic risk management health and safety qualification for employees in a line management or supervisory role to ensure that they meet their responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace. It provides them with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to manage risks and resources effectively. The course offered online is an alternative to the traditional classroom based-course, giving busy people the flexibility and control to manage their own learning. This course has been developed by Astutis, our trusted international strategic partner. Upon successful completion, a certificate will be issued to you from Astutis Ltd.
- To familiarize students with the object-oriented design and programming using a current version of Visual C++ programming language.
- To teach problem-solving skills and provide a foundation for future programming courses using an object oriented design and programming methodology.
The course is split into 2 units - 1 taught module and a work-based assignment to complete, which will demonstrate candidate’s application of the knowledge gained during the taught module. The topics covered under Unit 1 (Taught Module) include: -
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Human factors
- Assessing Risk
- Protecting the Environment
- Controlling Risk
- Understanding Managers Responsibilities
- Understanding inheritance in object-oriented programming
- Common hazards
- Measuring performance
In order to complete this course successfully, students must obtain at least 50% on the mandatory final examination and 50% overall.
- Short multiple choice test consisting of 25 questions to be completed online.
- Practical workplace health and safety risk assessment to be completed within 2 weeks of doing the test at the end of the course.
- Candidates should receive the results 6 to 8 weeks after the course.
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate awarded up to 18 weeks after successful completion of course (One certificate is issued per IOSH online license).